Rum runner ship “Linwood” set afire by her crew to scuttle her and destroy evidence in 1923. Contraband is seen on the deck.
Rum runner on fire, 1923
- Schoolchildren dressed as books, 1920 — Share the History Love... Schoolchildren pose on the school’s stairs dressed as books in 1920. Share the History Love... [...]
- U.S. vs Canada ice hockey game during the 1924 Winter Olympics — Share the History Love... The Canadian ice hockey team, the Toronto Granites, score during the final in which they beat the U.S. in the final 6-1 to take the gold medal at the 1924 Winter Olympics in Charmonix, France. Share the History Love... [...]
- Snowball fight between Senate pages — Share the History Love... A United States Senate Page is a non-partisan federal employee serving the United States Senate in Washington, D.C. Despite the non-partisan affiliation, pages are typically divided to serve the party that appointed them. These photos show Senate pages engaging each other in a classic snowball fight. Share the History Love... [...]
- Horse-drawn sledge with a library delivery box, 1920s — Share the History Love... A man holds the reins of a draft horse pulling a sledge through the snow in Minnesota. The sledge is loaded with a delivery box used to transport materials between library branches. Hennepin County Library started in 1922 as a horse-drawn “book wagon” to areas outside the core city of Minneapolis, [...]
- People walking during a Boston Blizzard, 1920 — Share the History Love... People walking on Tremont St. in Boston during a blizzard on February 6, 1920. Share the History Love... [...]