Kids at a ball game at Briggs Stadium, Detroit, August, 1942.
Kids at Briggs Stadium, 1942
- Eileen Seigh photographed mid-jump at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... U.S. figure skater Eileen Seigh photographed mid-jump at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Share the History Love... [...]
- WPA artists working on a national defense poster, 1941 — Share the History Love... A WPA artist prepares a poster on Syphilis for national defense program on March 20, 1941. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for combating the [...]
- Preparing a ski run for the Winter Olympics, 1959 — Share the History Love... Preparing a ski run on January 5, 1959. The ski run would be used for the 1960 Winter Olympics in Squaw Valley, California. Share the History Love... [...]
- Rehabilitating injuries in a hospital gymnasium, 1944 — Share the History Love... U.S Soldiers run painful race back to health. Getting over these foot-high hurdles is no easy task for Pvt. Ralph Johnson of Pittsburgh, PA who needs the strong arm of Sgt. D. D. Gilbert of Philadelphia to finish out his first race with health. Hospitalized somewhere overseas, these wounded American soldiers [...]
- Construction in Squaw Valley for 1960 Winter Olympics, 1958 — Share the History Love... Construction in Squaw Valley in preparation of the 1960 Winter Olympics, December 3, 1958. Share the History Love... [...]