Senator John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy on their wedding day at Hammersmith Farm on September 12, 1953.
JFK & Jacqueline on their wedding day, 1953
- LBJ and Lady Bird watching the Apollo 11 launch, 1969 — Share the History Love... Former First Lady and President Lyndon B. Johnson and then-current Vice President Spiro Agnew (wearing gray blazer and sunglasses) are among the spectators at the launch of Apollo 11, which lifted off from Pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center at 9:32 am EDT on July 16, 1969. The crew, the first [...]
- LBJ with civil rights leaders in the White House, 1964 — Share the History Love... In this January 18, 1964 photo, President Lyndon B. Johnson, right, talks with civil rights leaders in his White House office in Washington. The leaders, from left, are, Roy Wilkins, executive secretary of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP); James Farmer, national director of the Committee on [...]
- Child with Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, 1950 — Share the History Love... Christmas 1950 at the Country Club Plaza (shopping center) featured the world’s largest replica of Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. The statute, designed by Robert May, was ten feet tall, moved his head, wagged his tail, and lit up his nose when he greeted the many Christmas shoppers on the Country Club [...]
- Baking and decorating Christmas cookies, 1958 — Share the History Love... Mother and children enjoy baking, decorating, and eating Christmas cookies on December 20, 1958 in Bayside, Wisconsin. Share the History Love... [...]
- Singing Christmas carols in a parade, 1950 — Share the History Love... Christmas carols are sung in a big Christmas parade at Carrollton, Missouri by these youthful singers. A big crowd was on hand to see the parade of bands, costumed characters and floats on December 23, 1950. Share the History Love... [...]