The highly decorated items and interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House in Chilkat, Alaska in 1895.
Interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House, 1895
- USS Pensacola moored at Yerba Buena Island, 1899 — Share the History Love... USS Pensacola (screw steamer) moored at Yerba Buena Island in San Francisco Bay while conducting an artillery drill in the foreground. It was first commissioned on December 5, 1859 for towing to Washington Navy Yard for installation of machinery. She was decommissioned January 31, 1860, and commissioned in full on September 16, 1861 for [...]
- Stampeders with supplies during the Klondike Gold Rush — Share the History Love... Stampeders and their outfits in Dyea, Alaska. So many hopeful men (and a few women) were making the difficult journey into the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness in search of gold during the Klondike Gold Rush, the Canadian government started requiring every stampeder bring a year’s supply of goods before crossing the [...]
- Seattle fireboat Alki with Christmas decor, 1950 — Share the History Love... Seattle fireboat Alki with Christmas decor – including a Christmas tree, a star, and lights – in 1950. Share the History Love... [...]
- Hanging fake icicles at Knott’s Berry Farm, 1968 — Share the History Love... Female worker hanging fake icicles at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, California, 1968. Share the History Love... [...]
- Alaskan Army dog teams, WWII — Share the History Love... In this snow-covered post, somewhere in Alaska, dog teams perform tasks in country impassible to other forms of locomotion. They are kept by the Quartermaster Corps of the Army, for hauling food to snow-bound infantry units and locating and aiding fliers forced down in the wilderness. Three of the dog teams [...]