Christmas Pageant at Zion Lutheran Church in Madison, Wisconsin on December 24, 1946. The angels are (left to right): Arlene Jenkins, Mary Sachtjen, Elsa Splett, Shirley Schumann, Joanne Groff, Joan Scheiwe, Dorothy Schultz, and Mitzi Schultz. Mary was portrayed by Alberta Smith. At the manger are Rochelle Dommershausen, Shirle Ann Becker, and Carole Schrotz.
Christmas pageant at Zion Lutheran Church, 1946
- Cases of TNT shipping to England during WWII — Share the History Love... Cases of T.N.T. gunpowder shipped from the United States under lend-lease are stacked in the dump in a tunnel 100 feet underground dug out of solid rock, in western England. The staff here work 24 hours a day handling lend-lease materials arriving from the U.S. to the allied countries. Share the [...]
- Adding voices to a “Popeye” cartoon, 1942 — Share the History Love... Voices for the movie cartoon characters “Popeye” and “Olive Oyl” are Jack Mercer and his wife Margie, of Schenley Park in Miami, Florida, are shown adding their voices to a cartoon on January 4, 1942. They are seen dubbing in the voice parts of a new Popeye cartoon, “Kickin” the Conga. [...]
- Jewish women pray along the Williamsburg Bridge, 1909 — Share the History Love... Jewish women pray along the Williamsburg Bridge in New York City on New Year’s Day 1909. Share the History Love... [...]
- Polar Bear club celebrating the New Year, 1967 — Share the History Love... “Ice” way to celebrate the new year! Polar Bear club the “Iceberg A.C.” goes for a cold dip at Coney Island on New Year’s Day 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- New Year’s Eve celebration at a U.S.O. Club, 1942 — Share the History Love... A crowd of military personnel and civilians gather at a U.S.O. club to celebrate New Year’s Eve on December 31, 1942. Share the History Love... [...]