Dummy pilot and seat soar, as engineers test a catapult escape system in Arizona, March 1963.
Testing a catapult escape system, 1963
- LBJ and Lady Bird watching the Apollo 11 launch, 1969 — Share the History Love... Former First Lady and President Lyndon B. Johnson and then-current Vice President Spiro Agnew (wearing gray blazer and sunglasses) are among the spectators at the launch of Apollo 11, which lifted off from Pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center at 9:32 am EDT on July 16, 1969. The crew, the first [...]
- Odd Contests: Prettiest Legs at the Fair, 1964 — Share the History Love... The 1964 New York World’s Fair saw a slew of fascinating and interesting exhibits, shows, and even beauty contests. One of them was a contest for the “Prettiest Legs at the Fair.” Let’s just say that the women participating to get a leg up in the competition…. Share the History Love... [...]
- Martin Luther King, Jr., waves to “March on Washington”... — Share the History Love... Civil rights leader Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. waves to supporters on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., during the “March on Washington,” on August 28, 1963. King said the march was “the greatest demonstration of freedom in the history of the United States.” Share the History Love... [...]
- Bob Dylan plays a bass guitar, 1964 — Share the History Love... Bob Dylan plays a bass guitar in a restaurant on June 15, 1964. Share the History Love... [...]
- KKK members carrying placards, 1964 — Share the History Love... Several Ku Klux Klan members, most in white robes and unmasked hoods, carry placards stating: “Please stay out, Negroes and Whites mix here” in 1964. Share the History Love... [...]