Two American soldiers pause for a cigarette behind a tank in Geich, Germany, in December 1944.
Pausing for a cigarette in Geich, 1944
- Rehabilitating injuries in a hospital gymnasium, 1944 — Share the History Love... U.S Soldiers run painful race back to health. Getting over these foot-high hurdles is no easy task for Pvt. Ralph Johnson of Pittsburgh, PA who needs the strong arm of Sgt. D. D. Gilbert of Philadelphia to finish out his first race with health. Hospitalized somewhere overseas, these wounded American soldiers [...]
- 165th Infantry Regiment passes through the Victory Arch, 1919 — Share the History Love... Colonel Donovan and staff of 165th Infantry, passing under the Victory Arch in Madison Square, New York City in 1919. The Flatiron Building can be seen in the background. Share the History Love... [...]
- Couple pose at a Valentine’s Day dance, 1940s — Share the History Love... Couple pose at a Valentine’s Day Dance at Greensboro College in the 1940s. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women dressed up for Valentine’s Day, 1940s — Share the History Love... Clubwomen Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Kassob dressed up for Valentine’s Day in Los Angeles. They are wearing aprons with hearts on them and carrying trays. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gretchen Fraser at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... Gretchen Fraser was the first American to win an Olympic gold medal in skiing at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Fraser was selected for the 1940 Olympic team, but those Games were cancelled due to World War II. While her husband 1936 Olympian skier Don Fraser, went to war, [...]