Film star Mary Pickford poses for The Photo-Play Journal with a kitten on her shoulder, June 1916.
Mary Pickford with a cat, 1916
- Martin Luther King, Jr., waves to “March on Washington”... — Share the History Love... Civil rights leader Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. waves to supporters on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., during the “March on Washington,” on August 28, 1963. King said the march was “the greatest demonstration of freedom in the history of the United States.” Share the History Love... [...]
- Chaplin & Einstein attend a movie premiere, 1931 — Share the History Love... On February 2, 1931, film star Charlie Chaplin (center-right) attends the premiere of his newest film City Lights in Los Angeles, accompanied by his guests of honor: physicist Albert Einstein, and his wife, Elsa Einstein. Einstein, still a German citizen at the time, had been traveling in the United States, and [...]
- Adding voices to a “Popeye” cartoon, 1942 — Share the History Love... Voices for the movie cartoon characters “Popeye” and “Olive Oyl” are Jack Mercer and his wife Margie, of Schenley Park in Miami, Florida, are shown adding their voices to a cartoon on January 4, 1942. They are seen dubbing in the voice parts of a new Popeye cartoon, “Kickin” the Conga. [...]
- Bob Dylan plays a bass guitar, 1964 — Share the History Love... Bob Dylan plays a bass guitar in a restaurant on June 15, 1964. Share the History Love... [...]
- Lifted skyward by the giant Perkins man-carrying kite, WWI — Share the History Love... Lieutenant Kirk Booth of the U.S. Signal Corps being lifted skyward by the giant Perkins man-carrying kite at Camp Devens, Ayer, Massachusetts. While the United States never used these kites during the war, the German and French armies put some to use on the front lines. Share the History Love... [...]