Within the Mobile Quarantine Facility, Apollo 11 astronauts (left to right) Michael Collins, Edwin E. Aldrin Jr. and Neil A. Armstrong relax following their successful lunar landing mission. They spent two-and-one-half days in the quarantine trailer en route from the USS Hornet, prime recovery ship, to the Lunar Receiving Laboratory at the Manned Spacecraft Center in Houston. The Hornet docked at Pearl Harbor where the trailer was transferred to a jet aircraft for the flight to Houston.
Apollo 11 astronauts in Mobile Quarantine Facility, 1969
- Soldier directs a Huey helicopter to land, 1966 — Share the History Love... A U.S. Army soldier directs a Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter approaching to pick up injured after a paradrop in South Vietnam, October 1966. Share the History Love... [...]
- Johnson signs the Immigration Act, 1965 — Share the History Love... President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Immigration Act as Vice President Hubert Humphrey, Lady Bird Johnson, Muriel Humphrey, Sen. Edward (Ted) Kennedy, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, and others look on. It was signed at Liberty Island, New York on October 3, 1965. Share the History Love... [...]
- SEALS repel down a Iroquois helicopter, 1967 — Share the History Love... U.S. Navy SEALS repel down ropes from a U.S. Army Bell UH-1B Iroquois helicopter to set an ambush in the jungle below during operations in South Vietnam on March 13, 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- Kindergarten costume parade, 1965 — Share the History Love... Children in costumes from Central School kindergarten paraded around town of Vernal (Utah) in their costumes, 1965. Share the History Love... [...]
- Creating Halloween art, 1964 — Share the History Love... Sarah Hampton, 7, of Reseda, wields an artist’s brush from her wheel stretcher at Orthopedic Hospital in preparation for Halloween. Looking on is Mrs. Williamson of the Los Angeles School Board. Share the History Love... [...]