Russell Froelich Jr. and friends dressed in Halloween costumes with a jack-o-lantern, ca. 1945.
Young trick or treaters, 1945
- Cases of TNT shipping to England during WWII — Share the History Love... Cases of T.N.T. gunpowder shipped from the United States under lend-lease are stacked in the dump in a tunnel 100 feet underground dug out of solid rock, in western England. The staff here work 24 hours a day handling lend-lease materials arriving from the U.S. to the allied countries. Share the [...]
- Adding voices to a “Popeye” cartoon, 1942 — Share the History Love... Voices for the movie cartoon characters “Popeye” and “Olive Oyl” are Jack Mercer and his wife Margie, of Schenley Park in Miami, Florida, are shown adding their voices to a cartoon on January 4, 1942. They are seen dubbing in the voice parts of a new Popeye cartoon, “Kickin” the Conga. [...]
- New Year’s Eve celebration at a U.S.O. Club, 1942 — Share the History Love... A crowd of military personnel and civilians gather at a U.S.O. club to celebrate New Year’s Eve on December 31, 1942. Share the History Love... [...]
- Soldiers and showgirls celebrating New Year’s, 1941 — Share the History Love... Champagne and pretty girls, carnival hats and confetti – the setting that a soldier or a sailor likes for his merry-making. the showgirls went all-out to make the boys feel at home. New York, December 1941. Share the History Love... [...]
- U.S. Army personnel celebrating New Year’s Eve, 1941 — Share the History Love... Three U.S. Army soldiers celebrating New Year’s Eve with three women in 1941. Share the History Love... [...]