Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials in December 1954. The men in the front row (left to right) are Anaheim Mayor Charles Pearson, Orange County Supervisor Willis Warner, Walt Disney, Supervisor Willard Smith, and Orange County Planning Commission Chairman Dr. W. L. Bigham. The photo was taken at Disney Studios in Burbank.
Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials, 1954
- FDR at Thanksgiving dinner in Warm Springs, 1938 — Share the History Love... FDR, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Robert Rosenbaum at Thanksgiving Dinner in Warm Springs, Georgia on November 24, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Part III — Share the History Love... The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City is the world’s largest parade. Presented by the Macy’s department store, the tradition started in 1924 and is tied for the second-oldest Thanksgiving parade in the United States. In 1927, the debut of a helium-filled Felix the Cat ushered in new tradition for the parade [...]
- Homeless men eating Thanksgiving dinner at Midnight Mission, 1942 — Share the History Love... One of the many charitable organizations that declared “open house” was the Midnight Mission, who served Thanksgiving dinner to less fortunate Los Angeles residents. The men had their turkey, too, along with all persons celebrating Thanksgiving on November 26, 1942. Share the History Love... [...]
- Mary Pickford with a cat, 1916 — Share the History Love... Film star Mary Pickford poses for The Photo-Play Journal with a kitten on her shoulder, June 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bell and assistants observe a circular tetrahedral kite, 1908 — Share the History Love... Alexander Graham Bell (right) and his assistants observe the flight of a circular tetrahedral kite on July 7, 1908. Share the History Love... [...]