Publicity photo of American entertainers, (top) Ray Bolger, (bottom; L–R) Margaret Hamilton and Jack Haley, reunited in 1970 in commemoration of their roles as the Scarecrow, the Wicked Witch of the West and the Tin Man respectively, in the 1939 feature film, The Wizard of Oz.
The Wizard of the Oz cast reunited, 1970
- FDR at Thanksgiving dinner in Warm Springs, 1938 — Share the History Love... FDR, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Robert Rosenbaum at Thanksgiving Dinner in Warm Springs, Georgia on November 24, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Part III — Share the History Love... The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City is the world’s largest parade. Presented by the Macy’s department store, the tradition started in 1924 and is tied for the second-oldest Thanksgiving parade in the United States. In 1927, the debut of a helium-filled Felix the Cat ushered in new tradition for the parade [...]
- Mary Pickford with a cat, 1916 — Share the History Love... Film star Mary Pickford poses for The Photo-Play Journal with a kitten on her shoulder, June 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- Children play atop a locomotive, 1975 — Share the History Love... Children play atop locomotive 5030 in Salvador Perez Park in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1975. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bell and assistants observe a circular tetrahedral kite, 1908 — Share the History Love... Alexander Graham Bell (right) and his assistants observe the flight of a circular tetrahedral kite on July 7, 1908. Share the History Love... [...]