Publicity photo of American entertainers, (top) Ray Bolger, (bottom; L–R) Margaret Hamilton and Jack Haley, reunited in 1970 in commemoration of their roles as the Scarecrow, the Wicked Witch of the West and the Tin Man respectively, in the 1939 feature film, The Wizard of Oz.
The Wizard of the Oz cast reunited, 1970
- Andrea and David Lawrence on a break during the 1956 Olympics — Share the History Love... American alpine ski racer Andrea Mead Lawrence and her husband, American alpine ski racer David J. Lawrence, walking together in the streets of Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy on a break during the 1953 Olympic Winter Games. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gretchen Fraser at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... Gretchen Fraser was the first American to win an Olympic gold medal in skiing at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Fraser was selected for the 1940 Olympic team, but those Games were cancelled due to World War II. While her husband 1936 Olympian skier Don Fraser, went to war, [...]
- Girl Scouts with their “All American Valentine” Ford, 1... — Share the History Love... Florida Girl Scouts greeted their “All American Valentine” President Ford with a heart-shaped sign when he arrived in Orlando in February 1976. Share the History Love... [...]
- Peggie Castle as Cupid, 1950 — Share the History Love... Peggie Castle dressed as Cupid for a pin-up photo shoot for LIFE magazine in 1950. Peggie was best known for her roles as the “other woman” in various B films during the 1950s. Share the History Love... [...]
- Jimmy Carter at the Grand Teton, 1978 — Share the History Love... Jimmy Carter at the Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on August 26, 1978. Share the History Love... [...]