President Theodore Roosevelt sitting on a steam shovel at Culebra Cut (Panama Canal), 1906.
Teddy Roosevelt on a steam shovel, 1906
- 165th Infantry Regiment passes through the Victory Arch, 1919 — Share the History Love... Colonel Donovan and staff of 165th Infantry, passing under the Victory Arch in Madison Square, New York City in 1919. The Flatiron Building can be seen in the background. Share the History Love... [...]
- Andrea and David Lawrence on a break during the 1956 Olympics — Share the History Love... American alpine ski racer Andrea Mead Lawrence and her husband, American alpine ski racer David J. Lawrence, walking together in the streets of Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy on a break during the 1953 Olympic Winter Games. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gretchen Fraser at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... Gretchen Fraser was the first American to win an Olympic gold medal in skiing at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Fraser was selected for the 1940 Olympic team, but those Games were cancelled due to World War II. While her husband 1936 Olympian skier Don Fraser, went to war, [...]
- Girl Scouts with their “All American Valentine” Ford, 1... — Share the History Love... Florida Girl Scouts greeted their “All American Valentine” President Ford with a heart-shaped sign when he arrived in Orlando in February 1976. Share the History Love... [...]
- Peggie Castle as Cupid, 1950 — Share the History Love... Peggie Castle dressed as Cupid for a pin-up photo shoot for LIFE magazine in 1950. Peggie was best known for her roles as the “other woman” in various B films during the 1950s. Share the History Love... [...]