Teddy Roosevelt and party at Mariposa Grove in May 1903.
Teddy Roosevelt at Mariposa Grove, 1903
- Unloading King Crab in Seldovia, 1965 — Share the History Love... Unloading king crab off a fishing boat in Seldovia, Alaska, 1965. Share the History Love... [...]
- Stacks of lumber drying in Seattle, 1919 — Share the History Love... Stacks of lumber drying at the Seattle Cedar Lumber Manufacturing Company’s mill in Ballard, ca. 1919. A workman can be seen standing partway up one of the tall stacks of drying lumber. The Seattle Cedar mill, located just west of the Ballard Bridge, was the largest in Ballard. At the mill, logs [...]
- Totem-wearing parade participants, 1912 — Share the History Love... People wearing totem pole costumes during Seattle’s Potlatch Parade on July 18, 1912. The Potlatch Parade was part of the Golden Potlatch (or Potlatch Days) festivities. These festivities occurred from 1911-1914 and 1935-1941. The annual festival was created after the successful Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition in 1909. Seattle officials believed an annual festival would [...]
- Hiker on Mount Ruth — Share the History Love... Hiker viewing Mt. Shuksan from Mt. Ruth in the North Cascades National Park in Washington. Share the History Love... [...]
- Portrait of Martin Van Buren, 1850s — Share the History Love... Portrait of Martin Van Buren by Matthew Brady sometime between 1855-1958 Share the History Love... [...]