Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding. The were married in a civil ceremony at the Westchester County Court in White Plains, New York, on June 29, 1956 and, two days later, had a Jewish ceremony at Miller’s agent’s house at Waccabuc, New York.
- Construction in Squaw Valley for 1960 Winter Olympics, 1958 — Share the History Love... Construction in Squaw Valley in preparation of the 1960 Winter Olympics, December 3, 1958. Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller Derby Skaters in the Penalty Box, 1950 — Share the History Love... Chicago Westerners Roller Derby skaters Ann Pernice, 19, and Eleanor Weber, 24, watch from the penalty box at the Coliseum at a Roller Derby in 1950. During the month of November, two teams of ten men and women each, skated against each other, sometimes traveling at speeds up to 30 miles [...]
- Andrea and David Lawrence on a break during the 1956 Olympics — Share the History Love... American alpine ski racer Andrea Mead Lawrence and her husband, American alpine ski racer David J. Lawrence, walking together in the streets of Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy on a break during the 1953 Olympic Winter Games. Share the History Love... [...]
- Receiving a marriage license and candy, 1938 — Share the History Love... Roy Hardin and Mary Louise Casey receive their marriage license and a box of Valentine’s Day candy from S. H. Wernette, a marriage license clerk in San Antonio, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gretchen Fraser at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... Gretchen Fraser was the first American to win an Olympic gold medal in skiing at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Fraser was selected for the 1940 Olympic team, but those Games were cancelled due to World War II. While her husband 1936 Olympian skier Don Fraser, went to war, [...]