Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding. The were married in a civil ceremony at the Westchester County Court in White Plains, New York, on June 29, 1956 and, two days later, had a Jewish ceremony at Miller’s agent’s house at Waccabuc, New York.
- FDR at Thanksgiving dinner in Warm Springs, 1938 — Share the History Love... FDR, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Robert Rosenbaum at Thanksgiving Dinner in Warm Springs, Georgia on November 24, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Part III — Share the History Love... The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City is the world’s largest parade. Presented by the Macy’s department store, the tradition started in 1924 and is tied for the second-oldest Thanksgiving parade in the United States. In 1927, the debut of a helium-filled Felix the Cat ushered in new tradition for the parade [...]
- Mary Pickford with a cat, 1916 — Share the History Love... Film star Mary Pickford poses for The Photo-Play Journal with a kitten on her shoulder, June 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- Johnson signs the Immigration Act, 1965 — Share the History Love... President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Immigration Act as Vice President Hubert Humphrey, Lady Bird Johnson, Muriel Humphrey, Sen. Edward (Ted) Kennedy, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, and others look on. It was signed at Liberty Island, New York on October 3, 1965. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bell and assistants observe a circular tetrahedral kite, 1908 — Share the History Love... Alexander Graham Bell (right) and his assistants observe the flight of a circular tetrahedral kite on July 7, 1908. Share the History Love... [...]