Man cooling off in bird bath on hot day.
Man cooling off in bird bath on hot day
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]
- Dismantling speakeasy after raid — Share the History Love... Dismantling a Boston speakeasy after a raid. Share the History Love... [...]
- Playing volleyball on stilts, 1934 — Share the History Love... Four young women playing volleyball on stilts at the beach in Venice, California, 1934. Share the History Love... [...]
- Archbishop racing Sisters in paddleboats, 1952 — Share the History Love... Archbishop Cushing races Sister of the Divine Providence in paddleboats at Norumbega Park at outing for girls from Camp Mishannock in August 1952. Share the History Love... [...]
- Mail boat at North Manitou Island, 1903 — Share the History Love... Mail boat arrives at North Manitou Island in 1903. The island is located in Lake Michigan, approximately 12 miles west-northwest of Leland, Michigan. It is nearly eight miles long and over four miles wide, with 20 miles of shoreline. Share the History Love... [...]