Eskimo woman in fur parka with fur trim, ca. 1899.
Eskimo woman in fur parka, ca. 1899
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- Eisenhowers pose on their 39th wedding anniversary, 1955 — Share the History Love... President Dwight & First Lady Mamie Eisenhower posed for this portrait on their 39th wedding anniversary at their farm in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on July 1, 1955. Share the History Love... [...]
- Picking blackberries in Oregon, 1910 — Share the History Love... Women picking evergreen blackberries in western Oregon, 1910. Share the History Love... [...]
- Woman on a modified broom, 1977 — Share the History Love... An unidentified woman on a broom that has been modified with bicycle parts and a flashlight on October 28, 1977. The National Archives took the above picture and turned it into a gif. Enjoy! Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller Derby Skaters at the Starting Line, 1936 — Share the History Love... Roller derby skaters, from left, Louise Thomas, Elizabeth “Libby” Hoover, Pudge Dyer, Jayne Cummings and Mildred Arndt, are started by Harry Newman on Jan. 4, 1936. Share the History Love... [...]