Archbishop Cushing races Sister of the Divine Providence in paddleboats at Norumbega Park at outing for girls from Camp Mishannock in August 1952.
Archbishop racing Sisters in paddleboats, 1952
- Children play atop a locomotive, 1975 — Share the History Love... Children play atop locomotive 5030 in Salvador Perez Park in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1975. Share the History Love... [...]
- Eisenhowers pose on their 39th wedding anniversary, 1955 — Share the History Love... President Dwight & First Lady Mamie Eisenhower posed for this portrait on their 39th wedding anniversary at their farm in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on July 1, 1955. Share the History Love... [...]
- Children dressed up in costumes, 1950s — Share the History Love... Children dressed up in costumes for Halloween during the 1950s in Greenville, North Carolina. Share the History Love... [...]
- Halloween witchery, 1957 — Share the History Love... Photograph caption dated October 25, 1957 reads, “Members of Zeta Phi Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi will entertain husbands and guests Nov. 2 at a party in Granada Hills Woman’s Club. Making decorations for event are Mmes. Thomas R. Zimmerman, H. M. Jones and C. T. Jones.” Share the History Love... [...]
- Eleanor Roosevelt launches UNICEF “Trick or Treat” program, 1957 — Share the History Love... Eleanor Roosevelt launches UNICEF Halloween “Trick or Treat” program at the United Nations with Captain Kangaroo, 1957. The program was documented in Eleanor’s “My Day” column: I went to the United Nations the other afternoon to be photographed with some of the children who are taking part in the Halloween Trick [...]