Postmaster General Harry Stewart New watches the solar eclipse of January 24, 1925, shielding his eyes with a photographic plate.
Watching the solar eclipse with a photographic plate, 1925
- Apollo 11 astronauts in Mobile Quarantine Facility, 1969 — Share the History Love... Within the Mobile Quarantine Facility, Apollo 11 astronauts (left to right) Michael Collins, Edwin E. Aldrin Jr. and Neil A. Armstrong relax following their successful lunar landing mission. They spent two-and-one-half days in the quarantine trailer en route from the USS Hornet, prime recovery ship, to the Lunar Receiving Laboratory at [...]
- Ku Klux Klan between 1921 and 1930 — Share the History Love... Ku Klux Klan, probably in Denver, Colorado, between 1921 and 1930. Share the History Love... [...]
- “Women’s Rights” day march to the Statue of Liber... — Share the History [...]
- Behind the scenes birthday at a circus, 1926 — Share the History Love... Miss Lillian Leitzel, star with Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey circus helping Dolly Jahn celebrate her birthday behind the scenes on May 11, 1926. Leitzel was an acrobat and strongwoman while Jahn would grow up to be an aerialist with Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey. Share the History Love... [...]
- Inserting filaments into small light bulbs, 1925 — Share the History Love... A woman is photographed while inserting filaments into small light bulbs, ca 1925. Share the History Love... [...]