A mother and daughter watch an image of a partial solar eclipse via a public telescope provided by the Gates Planetarium in Denver, Colorado, on October 13, 1977.
Watching a partial solar eclipse in Denver, 1977
- LBJ and Lady Bird watching the Apollo 11 launch, 1969 — Share the History Love... Former First Lady and President Lyndon B. Johnson and then-current Vice President Spiro Agnew (wearing gray blazer and sunglasses) are among the spectators at the launch of Apollo 11, which lifted off from Pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center at 9:32 am EDT on July 16, 1969. The crew, the first [...]
- Santa on the slopes with Ford and Glenn, 1976 — Share the History Love... Santa Claus, Senator John Glenn, President Ford, Mrs. Claus, and Lt. Governor Robert Orr on the ski slopes in Vail, Colorado on Christmas Day 1976. Best known for being the first American to orbit the Earth and the oldest person to go into space, John Glenn also served as a U.S. [...]
- Macy’s shoppers wait to be allowed on the floor, 1948 — Share the History Love... Macy’s shoppers wait to be allowed on the floor, 1948. Share the History Love... [...]
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Part III — Share the History Love... The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City is the world’s largest parade. Presented by the Macy’s department store, the tradition started in 1924 and is tied for the second-oldest Thanksgiving parade in the United States. In 1927, the debut of a helium-filled Felix the Cat ushered in new tradition for the parade [...]
- Children play atop a locomotive, 1975 — Share the History Love... Children play atop locomotive 5030 in Salvador Perez Park in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1975. Share the History Love... [...]