Rutherford B. Hayes and his wife Lucy on their wedding day on December 30, 1852.
Rutherford & Lucy Hayes on their wedding day, 1852
- Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table, 1977 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table on her last day as First Lady on January 19, 1977. David Hume Kennedy, the photographer, described how this photo came to be in a New York Times article: I was accompanying Mrs. Ford as she strolled around the West Wing of the [...]
- Publicity still of Greta Garbo, 1931 — Share the History Love... Actress Greta Garbo in a publicity still for the American film Inspiration in 1931. Share the History Love... [...]
- Welles at “The War of the Worlds” press conference, 193... — Share the History Love... Orson Welles meeting with reporters in an effort to explain that no one connected with The War of the Worlds radio broadcast had any idea the show would cause panic. The press conference took place on October 31, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Mug Shots: Bertha Boronda — Share the History Love... Mug shot: A photograph of someone’s face especially one made for police records. The word ”mug shots” comes from the British slang word “mug” meaning “face.” Early in the morning on May 30th, 1907, Bertha, believing her husband was planning on leaving her, took a razor and sliced off his penis. While her [...]
- Tuskegee Airmen with Lena Horne — Share the History Love... Tuskegee Airmen with singer Lena Horne and Brigadier General Noel Parrish at a banquet at Tuskegee Institute in Tuskegee, Alabama during World War II. Share the History Love... [...]