Actress Greta Garbo in a publicity still for the American film Inspiration in 1931.
Publicity still of Greta Garbo, 1931
- Cantaloupe Pickers, 1935 — Share the History Love... Though farm work is strenuous and exhausting, this photograph suggests that jovial camaraderie could sometimes relieve the strain of being in the fields. Work was hard to come by in the 1930s, and these laborers probably counted themselves lucky to have found a paying job picking cantaloupes in the Imperial Valley’s [...]
- Martin Luther King, Jr., waves to “March on Washington”... — Share the History Love... Civil rights leader Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. waves to supporters on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., during the “March on Washington,” on August 28, 1963. King said the march was “the greatest demonstration of freedom in the history of the United States.” Share the History Love... [...]
- Chaplin & Einstein attend a movie premiere, 1931 — Share the History Love... On February 2, 1931, film star Charlie Chaplin (center-right) attends the premiere of his newest film City Lights in Los Angeles, accompanied by his guests of honor: physicist Albert Einstein, and his wife, Elsa Einstein. Einstein, still a German citizen at the time, had been traveling in the United States, and [...]
- Adding voices to a “Popeye” cartoon, 1942 — Share the History Love... Voices for the movie cartoon characters “Popeye” and “Olive Oyl” are Jack Mercer and his wife Margie, of Schenley Park in Miami, Florida, are shown adding their voices to a cartoon on January 4, 1942. They are seen dubbing in the voice parts of a new Popeye cartoon, “Kickin” the Conga. [...]
- Bob Dylan plays a bass guitar, 1964 — Share the History Love... Bob Dylan plays a bass guitar in a restaurant on June 15, 1964. Share the History Love... [...]