First Lady Mamie Eisenhower christening the “Columbine III” at Washington National Airport on Nov. 24, 1954.
Mamie Eisenhower christening “Columbine III,” 1954
- Soldier directs a Huey helicopter to land, 1966 — Share the History Love... A U.S. Army soldier directs a Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter approaching to pick up injured after a paradrop in South Vietnam, October 1966. Share the History Love... [...]
- Range of Aircraft Tires Needed, 1941 — Share the History Love... Wide range of tire sizes required for military aircraft is illustrated by this December 1941 photograph. The tire at bottom is the type used on average medium bomber while small tires at top are for tail wheels of various types of aircrafts. Share the History Love... [...]
- Eisenhowers pose on their 39th wedding anniversary, 1955 — Share the History Love... President Dwight & First Lady Mamie Eisenhower posed for this portrait on their 39th wedding anniversary at their farm in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on July 1, 1955. Share the History Love... [...]
- Union soldiers on Mason’s Island, 1861 — Share the History Love... Union soldiers on the Mason’s Island (Theodore Roosevelt Island) guarding the Potomac River in Washington, D.C. in 1861. Behind them is the Potomac Aqueduct Bridge and Georgetown University on top of the hill. During the Civil War, the island served as a storage and distribution site, and also as a training [...]
- Betty Ford greets children trick or treating for UNICEF, 1974 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford greets children trick or treating for UNICEF at the White House on October 31, 1974. Share the History Love... [...]