First Lady Mamie Eisenhower christening the “Columbine III” at Washington National Airport on Nov. 24, 1954.
Mamie Eisenhower christening “Columbine III,” 1954
- JFK & Jacqueline on their wedding day, 1953 — Share the History Love... Senator John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy on their wedding day at Hammersmith Farm on September 12, 1953. Share the History Love... [...]
- Child with Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, 1950 — Share the History Love... Christmas 1950 at the Country Club Plaza (shopping center) featured the world’s largest replica of Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. The statute, designed by Robert May, was ten feet tall, moved his head, wagged his tail, and lit up his nose when he greeted the many Christmas shoppers on the Country Club [...]
- Baking and decorating Christmas cookies, 1958 — Share the History Love... Mother and children enjoy baking, decorating, and eating Christmas cookies on December 20, 1958 in Bayside, Wisconsin. Share the History Love... [...]
- Singing Christmas carols in a parade, 1950 — Share the History Love... Christmas carols are sung in a big Christmas parade at Carrollton, Missouri by these youthful singers. A big crowd was on hand to see the parade of bands, costumed characters and floats on December 23, 1950. Share the History Love... [...]
- Santa on the slopes with Ford and Glenn, 1976 — Share the History Love... Santa Claus, Senator John Glenn, President Ford, Mrs. Claus, and Lt. Governor Robert Orr on the ski slopes in Vail, Colorado on Christmas Day 1976. Best known for being the first American to orbit the Earth and the oldest person to go into space, John Glenn also served as a U.S. [...]