This photograph depicts an intense moment during the SA-6 launch at the Firing Room on May 28, 1964. Dr. Wernher von Braun, Director of the Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) is at center; to his left is Dr. George Mueller, Associate Director for Marned Space Flight; and far right is Dr. Eberhard Rees, Director for Research and Development, MSFC. The SA-6, the sixth flight of the Saturn 1 vehicle, launched a S-IV stage (a second stage) and an Apollo boilerplate spacecraft.
Intense moment in NASA’s Firing Room, 1964
- Preparing a ski run for the Winter Olympics, 1959 — Share the History Love... Preparing a ski run on January 5, 1959. The ski run would be used for the 1960 Winter Olympics in Squaw Valley, California. Share the History Love... [...]
- Construction in Squaw Valley for 1960 Winter Olympics, 1958 — Share the History Love... Construction in Squaw Valley in preparation of the 1960 Winter Olympics, December 3, 1958. Share the History Love... [...]
- Valentine party at Encino Hospital, 1960 — Share the History Love... Daniel Lovett, 4, of Granada Hills enjoys treat at a Valentine party at Encino Hospital with Mrs. Lillian Grant, a nursing supervisor on February 15, 1960. The hospital annually has St. Valentine party for children. Daniel was there for a tonsillectomy. Share the History Love... [...]
- Drinking coconut milk during a break, 1967 — Share the History Love... A search and seizure phase of “Operation Pershing” in the village of Troun Lan, Binh Dinh Province, approximately 90 km northeast of An Khe. Sergeant George Nemosbatho (Detroit, MI), mortar Platoon Squad Leader, 1st Battalion, 12th Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile), takes a drink of fresh coconut milk during a break [...]
- LBJ and Lady Bird watching the Apollo 11 launch, 1969 — Share the History Love... Former First Lady and President Lyndon B. Johnson and then-current Vice President Spiro Agnew (wearing gray blazer and sunglasses) are among the spectators at the launch of Apollo 11, which lifted off from Pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center at 9:32 am EDT on July 16, 1969. The crew, the first [...]