Costumed anti-war demonstrators at the 1971 Vietnam War Out Now protest in Washington D.C. on April 24, 1971.
Costumed anti-Vietnam war demonstrators, 1971
- Soldier directs a Huey helicopter to land, 1966 — Share the History Love... A U.S. Army soldier directs a Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter approaching to pick up injured after a paradrop in South Vietnam, October 1966. Share the History Love... [...]
- Children play atop a locomotive, 1975 — Share the History Love... Children play atop locomotive 5030 in Salvador Perez Park in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1975. Share the History Love... [...]
- SEALS repel down a Iroquois helicopter, 1967 — Share the History Love... U.S. Navy SEALS repel down ropes from a U.S. Army Bell UH-1B Iroquois helicopter to set an ambush in the jungle below during operations in South Vietnam on March 13, 1967. Share the History Love... [...]
- Union soldiers on Mason’s Island, 1861 — Share the History Love... Union soldiers on the Mason’s Island (Theodore Roosevelt Island) guarding the Potomac River in Washington, D.C. in 1861. Behind them is the Potomac Aqueduct Bridge and Georgetown University on top of the hill. During the Civil War, the island served as a storage and distribution site, and also as a training [...]
- Betty Ford greets children trick or treating for UNICEF, 1974 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford greets children trick or treating for UNICEF at the White House on October 31, 1974. Share the History Love... [...]