Sharon Conway bookbinding in the National Archives in 1974. She was one of the employees being supervised by Mrs. Blanca Tome of Document Preservation.
Bookbinding at the National Archives, 1974
- Bureau of Standards determining the liveliness of baseballs, 1938 — Share the History Love... Using a newly designed apparatus, the U.S. Bureau of Standards workers are experimenting to determine the relative home-run qualities of American, National and International baseballs on February 21, 1938. In conducting the tests, a scientist pulls the trigger of an air gun loaded with a wooden projectile representing the slugger’s bat. [...]
- Children play atop a locomotive, 1975 — Share the History Love... Children play atop locomotive 5030 in Salvador Perez Park in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1975. Share the History Love... [...]
- WPA’s mattress making project, 1939 — Share the History Love... WPA workers in New Orleans manufactured 17,682 mattresses and quilts to be distributed to the needy during 1939. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for [...]
- Hawaiian lei sellers, 1901 — Share the History Love... Hawaiian lei sellers in 1901. Share the History Love... [...]
- Picking blackberries in Oregon, 1910 — Share the History Love... Women picking evergreen blackberries in western Oregon, 1910. Share the History Love... [...]