Albert Einstein riding a bicycle in front of Ben Meyer’s House in Santa Barbara, California on February 6, 1933. Meyer was a California Institute of Technology trustee.
Albert Einstein riding a bicycle, 1933
- Western Union bike messengers, 1911 — Share the History Love... Western Union bike messengers in Danville, Virginia, ca. 1911. The photograph was taken by Lewis Wickes Hine. Share the History Love... [...]
- Publicity still of Greta Garbo, 1931 — Share the History Love... Actress Greta Garbo in a publicity still for the American film Inspiration in 1931. Share the History Love... [...]
- Welles at “The War of the Worlds” press conference, 193... — Share the History Love... Orson Welles meeting with reporters in an effort to explain that no one connected with The War of the Worlds radio broadcast had any idea the show would cause panic. The press conference took place on October 31, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Migrant agricultural worker’s family, 1936 — Share the History Love... Photo shows Florence Thompson with several of her children in a tent shelter as part of the “Migrant Mother” series in Nipomo, California. Florence had seven children and was 32-years-old. In March 1936, after picking beets in the Imperial Valley, Thompson and her family were traveling on U.S. Highway 101 towards [...]
- Mug Shots: Bertha Boronda — Share the History Love... Mug shot: A photograph of someone’s face especially one made for police records. The word ”mug shots” comes from the British slang word “mug” meaning “face.” Early in the morning on May 30th, 1907, Bertha, believing her husband was planning on leaving her, took a razor and sliced off his penis. While her [...]