Ruben Donovan in a three-wheeled scooter used to transport dogs to the Alamo Heights Veterinary Clinic on Broadway in San Antonio, 1946.
Transporting dogs to the Alamo Heights Veterinary Clinic, 1946
- Entering through the Immigration Station in El Paso, 1938 — Share the History Love... Four Mexicans ladies and a young boy entering the United States through the El Paso immigration station in June 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women working on the Long Island Railroad, 1942 — Share the History Love... Women working along the rails for the Long Island Railroad in 1942. The women were paid 56 cents an hour for their work. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contest: Miss Tobacco — Share the History Love... How can Florida have a Miss Cigar beauty contest without a Miss Tobacco beauty contest?! It’s only the correct thing to do, right? There were a few tobacco festivals in Florida, some held beauty contests along with the festivities. Here are a few pictures of the past depicting those contests. Share [...]
- Elizabeth Taylor at the Stork Club, 1947 — Share the History Love... Fifteen-year-old Elizabeth Taylor with her parents at the Stork Club in Manhattan in 1947 Share the History Love... [...]
- Carter at the Alamo during the 1976 campaign — Share the History Love... Former Georgia Governor Jimmy Carter speaks at the “grand finale” of the local Democratic Party campaign on October 30, 1976. Joining him on the podium are many of Texas’ prominent Democrats, including Gov. Dolph Briscoe, Sen. Lloyd Bensen, and Rep. Henry B. Gonzalez. Another group of Carter supporters objected to the Alamo as [...]