Ruben Donovan in a three-wheeled scooter used to transport dogs to the Alamo Heights Veterinary Clinic on Broadway in San Antonio, 1946.
Transporting dogs to the Alamo Heights Veterinary Clinic, 1946
- Soldiers stationed in Mississippi enjoying a local dance, 1941 — Share the History Love... Soldiers at Camp Shelby military base in Mississippi dance with local girls in July 1941. Share the History Love... [...]
- Eileen Seigh photographed mid-jump at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... U.S. figure skater Eileen Seigh photographed mid-jump at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Share the History Love... [...]
- WPA artists working on a national defense poster, 1941 — Share the History Love... A WPA artist prepares a poster on Syphilis for national defense program on March 20, 1941. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for combating the [...]
- Rehabilitating injuries in a hospital gymnasium, 1944 — Share the History Love... U.S Soldiers run painful race back to health. Getting over these foot-high hurdles is no easy task for Pvt. Ralph Johnson of Pittsburgh, PA who needs the strong arm of Sgt. D. D. Gilbert of Philadelphia to finish out his first race with health. Hospitalized somewhere overseas, these wounded American soldiers [...]
- Receiving a marriage license and candy, 1938 — Share the History Love... Roy Hardin and Mary Louise Casey receive their marriage license and a box of Valentine’s Day candy from S. H. Wernette, a marriage license clerk in San Antonio, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]