Willie Shannon eats his lunch in an ice house during a heat wave, June 1948.
Eating lunch in a ice house, 1948
- Eileen Seigh photographed mid-jump at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... U.S. figure skater Eileen Seigh photographed mid-jump at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Share the History Love... [...]
- WPA artists working on a national defense poster, 1941 — Share the History Love... A WPA artist prepares a poster on Syphilis for national defense program on March 20, 1941. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for combating the [...]
- Newspaper boys cool off in a fountain, 1916 — Share the History Love... Newspaper boys cool off in a New York City park fountain in April 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- Rehabilitating injuries in a hospital gymnasium, 1944 — Share the History Love... U.S Soldiers run painful race back to health. Getting over these foot-high hurdles is no easy task for Pvt. Ralph Johnson of Pittsburgh, PA who needs the strong arm of Sgt. D. D. Gilbert of Philadelphia to finish out his first race with health. Hospitalized somewhere overseas, these wounded American soldiers [...]
- A giant dust storm, 1937 — Share the History Love... A black and white photograph of a giant dust storm in 1937. Share the History Love... [...]