Young shoeshiner around City Hall Park in New York City on July 25, 1924.
Young shoeshiner in New York City, 1924
- Opening of Lincoln Park swimming pool, 1925 — Children at the opening of Lincoln Park swimming pool in Seattle, 1925. This pool was dug out of dirt with a retaining wall of rocks along the sides. It filled with salt water from Puget Sound. A muddy bottom and control valves that did not always contain the water eventually required a pool made of [...]
- Raising the flag at the American consulate in Seoul, 1950 — Marine Pvt. 1st Class Luther Leguire raises U.S. Flag at American consulate in Seoul, while fighting for the city raged around the compound on September 27, 1950. Share the History Love... [...]
- Harvesting oats in Georgia, 1940 — Harvesting oats in southeastern Georgia, ca. 1940. Share the History Love... [...]
- V-J Celebration in St. Louis, 1945 — V-J Day celebration on Washington Avenue in St. Louis with two young women riding on the hood of a car, 1945. Share the History Love... [...]
- International law class at Columbia, 1918 — International law class in session at Columbia University in October 1918. Share the History Love... [...]