Young shoeshiner around City Hall Park in New York City on July 25, 1924.
Young shoeshiner in New York City, 1924
- Servicing a floodlight, 1942 — Share the History Love... A worker servicing one of the floodlights that turns night into day at the big construction operations for Columbia Steel Company in Geneva, Utah, which will make important additions to the vast amount of steel needed for the war effort in November 1942. Share the History Love... [...]
- Coolidge witnessing an eclipse, 1923 — Share the History Love... President and Mrs. Coolidge with their dog Rob Roy venture out in the early morning, despite freezing temps, to see the solar eclipse on January 24, 1925, seen from the lawn of the White House. This wasn’t the only eclipse while President Calvin Coolidge was in office. Another eclipse happened earlier in [...]
- Female snake charmer, 1935 — Share the History Love... A female snake charmer with the Cole Brothers Circus, watched by two children in 1935. Share the History Love... [...]
- Installation of the Lincoln Memorial, 1920 — Share the History Love... The statue of Abraham Lincoln being installed at the Lincoln Memorial in 1920. Share the History Love... [...]
- Native American on a McCormick reaper, 1920 — Share the History Love... Native American on a McCormick reaper in 1920. This image documents investigations and construction on various units of the Flathead Irrigation Project. The Project was initiated to determine rights and distribute water originating on the Flathead Indian Agency in Montana to both tribal and non-tribal land. The establishment of the Reservation [...]