Georgia O’Keeffe with skull at Ghost Ranch, New Mexico in 1939.
Georgia O’Keeffe with skull, 1939
- USS Akron over the Lincoln Memorial, 1931 — Share the History Love... The airship USS Akron (ZRS-4) flying over the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., 1931. The Akron was destroyed during a thunderstorm off the coast of New Jersey on April 4, 1933. All but three of the 76 crew and passengers were killed – it was the greatest loss of life in any airship [...]
- Gene Autry and Champion, ca. 1947 — Share the History Love... Gene Autry and Champion, his favorite horse, ca. 1947. Share the History Love... [...]
- JFK and family in Hyannis Port, 1962 — Share the History Love... President John F. Kennedy, First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, and their children John, Jr. and Caroline, at their summer house in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts on August 4, 1962. Share the History Love... [...]
- FDR at Thanksgiving dinner in Warm Springs, 1938 — Share the History Love... FDR, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Robert Rosenbaum at Thanksgiving Dinner in Warm Springs, Georgia on November 24, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Part III — Share the History Love... The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City is the world’s largest parade. Presented by the Macy’s department store, the tradition started in 1924 and is tied for the second-oldest Thanksgiving parade in the United States. In 1927, the debut of a helium-filled Felix the Cat ushered in new tradition for the parade [...]