Fred Stark, director of San Antonio Zoo, feeds new baby elephants that arrived overnight by railway express from their former home in Chicago’s Brookfield Zoo on April 5, 1962.
Feeding baby elephants at the San Antonio Zoo, 1962
- Signing of the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, 1963 — Share the History Love... President Kennedy signing the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty on October 7, 1963 in the Treaty Room of the White House. L-R: William Hopkins, Sen. Mike Mansfield, John J. McCloy, Adrian S. Fisher, Sen. John Pastore, W. Averell Harriman, Sen. George Smathers, Sen. J.W. Fulbright, Sec. of State Dean Rusk, Sen. George Aiken, [...]
- Bear fight at a street fair, 1905 — Share the History Love... Spectators watch a bear fight at a street fair on St. Germain Street and Sixth Avenue North in St. Cloud, Minnesota, ca. 1905. Share the History Love... [...]
- Coolidge witnessing an eclipse, 1923 — Share the History Love... President and Mrs. Coolidge with their dog Rob Roy venture out in the early morning, despite freezing temps, to see the solar eclipse on January 24, 1925, seen from the lawn of the White House. This wasn’t the only eclipse while President Calvin Coolidge was in office. Another eclipse happened earlier in [...]
- Female snake charmer, 1935 — Share the History Love... A female snake charmer with the Cole Brothers Circus, watched by two children in 1935. Share the History Love... [...]
- Native American on a McCormick reaper, 1920 — Share the History Love... Native American on a McCormick reaper in 1920. This image documents investigations and construction on various units of the Flathead Irrigation Project. The Project was initiated to determine rights and distribute water originating on the Flathead Indian Agency in Montana to both tribal and non-tribal land. The establishment of the Reservation [...]