President Reagan walking back to the oval office after a St. Patrick’s day luncheon at the U.S. Capitol on March 17, 1988.
Reagan celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in style, 1988
- Dentistry in the sunlight at Saipan, 1944 — A dentist with the Navy Dental Corps carrying on in the sunlight after a generator failed in Saipan, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]
- Shirley Temple Black with President Ford, 1976 — Shirley Temple Black shaking hands with President Gerald Ford in the Cabinet Room after being sworn-in as Chief of Protocol on July 20, 1976. Following her career in Hollywood, former child actress Shirley Temple embarked on a career in politics and diplomacy. She was a representative to the 24th United Nations General Assembly; Ambassador to [...]
- Man operates still out of the back of a carriage — Man operates still out of the back of a carriage during Prohibition. Share the History Love... [...]
- Driving through a cut-out section of a tree, 1865 — Man in hat seated in a wagon with his back to the camera posed inside the cut-out section of the tree, ca. 1865. The section of the tree was 28 feet in diameter and 275 feet high and was located near Wawona, California in the Mariposa Grove. Share the History Love... [...]
- Ulysses Grant and family at Long Branch, 1870 — Ulysses Grant and wife, Julia Dent, and their four children; Jesse, Ulysses Jr., Nellie, and Frederick in front of their cottage in Long Branch, New Jersey in 1870. Also present are two black men, whose identities are unknown. Share the History Love... [...]