Attorney Stephen Brent, right, files the 10,000th divorce action at the county clerk’s office in San Fernando Superior Court on June 12, 1958. Since the court opened in 1947, only 8,137 marriage licenses have been issued. Noting record are, from left, court deputies Gladys Singletary, Marjorie Romesa, Howard Cunningham and Opal L. Colon.
10,000th divorce suit at San Fernando Superior Court, 1958
- Construction in Squaw Valley for 1960 Winter Olympics, 1958 — Share the History Love... Construction in Squaw Valley in preparation of the 1960 Winter Olympics, December 3, 1958. Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller Derby Skaters in the Penalty Box, 1950 — Share the History Love... Chicago Westerners Roller Derby skaters Ann Pernice, 19, and Eleanor Weber, 24, watch from the penalty box at the Coliseum at a Roller Derby in 1950. During the month of November, two teams of ten men and women each, skated against each other, sometimes traveling at speeds up to 30 miles [...]
- Valentine party at Encino Hospital, 1960 — Share the History Love... Daniel Lovett, 4, of Granada Hills enjoys treat at a Valentine party at Encino Hospital with Mrs. Lillian Grant, a nursing supervisor on February 15, 1960. The hospital annually has St. Valentine party for children. Daniel was there for a tonsillectomy. Share the History Love... [...]
- Receiving a marriage license and candy, 1938 — Share the History Love... Roy Hardin and Mary Louise Casey receive their marriage license and a box of Valentine’s Day candy from S. H. Wernette, a marriage license clerk in San Antonio, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women dressed up for Valentine’s Day, 1940s — Share the History Love... Clubwomen Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Kassob dressed up for Valentine’s Day in Los Angeles. They are wearing aprons with hearts on them and carrying trays. Share the History Love... [...]