Attorney Stephen Brent, right, files the 10,000th divorce action at the county clerk’s office in San Fernando Superior Court on June 12, 1958. Since the court opened in 1947, only 8,137 marriage licenses have been issued. Noting record are, from left, court deputies Gladys Singletary, Marjorie Romesa, Howard Cunningham and Opal L. Colon.
10,000th divorce suit at San Fernando Superior Court, 1958
- Homeless men eating Thanksgiving dinner at Midnight Mission, 1942 — Share the History Love... One of the many charitable organizations that declared “open house” was the Midnight Mission, who served Thanksgiving dinner to less fortunate Los Angeles residents. The men had their turkey, too, along with all persons celebrating Thanksgiving on November 26, 1942. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- Eisenhowers pose on their 39th wedding anniversary, 1955 — Share the History Love... President Dwight & First Lady Mamie Eisenhower posed for this portrait on their 39th wedding anniversary at their farm in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on July 1, 1955. Share the History Love... [...]
- Jane Wyman relaxing on a California beach, 1935 — Share the History Love... Actress Jane Wyman, 18 years old, sitting in lounge chair on California beach, 1935. Share the History Love... [...]
- Children dressed up in costumes, 1950s — Share the History Love... Children dressed up in costumes for Halloween during the 1950s in Greenville, North Carolina. Share the History Love... [...]