Massive dark cloud approaching Rolla, Kansas on May 6, 1935.
Dust storm in Rolla, Kansas, 1935
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Woman near ground rupture of San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 — Share the History Love... A woman stands near the 1906 ground rupture northwest of Olema in Marin County. The rupture was the result of the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake. Share the History Love... [...]
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]
- Teddy Roosevelt at Mariposa Grove, 1903 — Share the History Love... Teddy Roosevelt and party at Mariposa Grove in May 1903. Share the History Love... [...]
- Man cooling off in bird bath on hot day — Share the History Love... Man cooling off in bird bath on hot day. Share the History Love... [...]