Massive dark cloud approaching Rolla, Kansas on May 6, 1935.
Dust storm in Rolla, Kansas, 1935
- Migrant agricultural worker’s family, 1936 — Share the History Love... Photo shows Florence Thompson with several of her children in a tent shelter as part of the “Migrant Mother” series in Nipomo, California. Florence had seven children and was 32-years-old. In March 1936, after picking beets in the Imperial Valley, Thompson and her family were traveling on U.S. Highway 101 towards [...]
- Coca-Cola bottling line, 1958 — Share the History Love... Coca-Cola bottling line in a Fort Scott, Kansas factory, circa 1958 Share the History Love... [...]
- Volunteers in a canoe after the Flood of 1955 — Share the History Love... This photograph shows two volunteers in a canoe going house to house in Farmington, Connecticut looking for people who might be trapped by the waters. The Flood of 1955 in Connecticut is one of the worst floods in Connecticut’s history. Two back-to-back hurricanes saturated the land and several river valleys in [...]
- Carriage on a Yosemite Valley trail — Share the History Love... Horse-drawn carriage on a trail in Yosemite Valley, California. Share the History Love... [...]
- Eating lunch in a ice house, 1948 — Share the History Love... Willie Shannon eats his lunch in an ice house during a heat wave, June 1948. Share the History Love... [...]