Agnes Lester, Marjorie Follette, Emily Knight, Elizabeth Van Sickle, Carol Lester, prominent young girls of Seneca Falls, as warriors in the drama depicting the Progress of Woman. The drama was given at the reception at Seneca Falls, N.Y. on July 20, 1923 in honor of the officers and members of the National Woman’s Party in connection with their seventy-fifth anniversary Equal Rights celebration.
Dramatic play depicting the Progress of Women, 1923
- Navigating the turnstiles while loaded with gifts, 1960 — Share the History Love... Instead of shopping bags, buyers carried boxes tied with string, but their arms were just as full. Loaded to the gills with presents for the kids, this guy navigates the turnstiles at 34th St. in 1960. Share the History Love... [...]
- Christmas decorations in San Antonio, 1947 — Share the History Love... Christmas decorations in San Antonio, Texas in 1947. The photograph is showing East Houston Street looking east from St. Mary’s Street. Share the History Love... [...]
- Time Square during the Great Blizzard of 1947 — Share the History Love... Time Square aglow during the Great Blizzard of 1947. As LIFE put it to its readers in its Jan. 5, 1948, issue: At 3:20 in the morning it began to snow in New York City. By the time most New Yorkers were going to work the blanket lay three inches deep. [...]
- Gift Guide: Women’s History Buffs — Share the History Love... Here are a few gift ideas for the history buff on your list! “Vote for Women” Pennant Pin: Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum (History List) History Nerd t-shirt with Susan B. Anthony: History List Little Ladies: Bold Women in Black History: Amazon Hidden Figures: Amazon U.S. Women’s Suffrage t-shirt: Yesteeyear (Etsy) Rad American Women [...]
- ‘Thanksgiving Joys’ postcard, 1914 — Share the History Love... ‘Thanksgiving Joy’ postcard with a written message dated Nov. 20, 1914. Share the History Love... [...]