Women and girls reading near swingset where younger children are suspended in hammock-like swings, July 1910.
Women and girls reading near a swingset, 1910
- Mochida family awaiting evacuation, 1942 — Two children of the Mochida family who, with their parents, are awaiting evacuation bus in Hayward, California on May 8, 1942. The youngster on the right holds a sandwich given her by one of a group of women who were present from a local church. The family unit is kept intact during evacuation and at [...]
- Visitors at Yellowstone hot spring, 1904 — Visitors at a hot spring in Yellowstone National Park in 1904. Share the History Love... [...]
- Lady Bird Johnson reading to children, 1966 — The First Lady reading to children enrolled in Project Head Start at Kemper School in Washington, DC on March 19, 1966. Zim’s Note: As a librarian, I love the ‘shushing’ girl on the Johnson’s left side. Share the History Love... [...]
- Washington traffic policewoman, 1917 — Mrs. L. O. King, a policewoman, directing traffic in Washington during World War I. Share the History Love... [...]
- The Punt Gun: Enemy to Waterfowl — Punt guns were originally designed in the 19th century to kill as many waterfowls in one shot as possible. In the early 1800s, mass hunting of waterfowl was largely an accepted practice in order to supply commercial markets with meat. Waterfowl were also used for fashion. By the mid-1800s there was a high demand for [...]