Women and girls reading near swingset where younger children are suspended in hammock-like swings, July 1910.
Women and girls reading near a swingset, 1910
- Suffrage tugboat in Jersey City, 1915 — Mrs. Mina C. Van Winkle of Newark, New Jersey, leading the New Jersey Women’s Political Union in the “Handing On The Torch of Victory” demonstration, on August 7, 1915. The New York Union supplied a large bronze torch which Mrs. H. O. Havemeyer, representing New York, took with her on a tugboat half way across [...]
- Homestead in Sun River, 1910 — Little girl feeding chickens against background of house, buckboard wagon, and ridge of plateau, Sun River, Montana in June 23, 1910. The family, the Hancocks, were settlers from Benson, Minnesota. Share the History Love... [...]
- Henry Ford with Harvey Firestone and Children, 1918 — Henry Ford with Harvey Firestone and Children at the Firestone Farm in August 1918. Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone went on several camping trips as “vagabonds,” a group that also included Thomas Edison and naturalist John Burroughs. In 1918, Ford met Firestone at his old homestead in Columbiana, Ohio (now in Greenfield Village) before joining Edison [...]
- Hopi women grinding grain, 1906 — Famed photographer Edward S. Curtis took this photo of four Hopi women grinding grain in 1906. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women repairing bicycle, 1895 — Sepia tone photograph of a young woman repairing parts of a bicycle while three others watch and help her, ca. 1895. Share the History Love... [...]