Vegetable pickers, migrants, waiting after work to be paid, near Homestead, Florida, February 1939.
Vegetable pickers waiting to be paid, 1939
- Lou Hoover passing out food baskets & toys, 1930 — Share the History Love... Lou Hoover passing out food baskets and toys to children of families impoverished by the Great Depression at Washington’s Central Union Mission. Share the History Love... [...]
- Farmer on a loaded wagon outside barn, 1925 — Share the History Love... Farm wagons were all-purpose horse-drawn vehicles that could carry crops from the field to the barn or to market. This model — with an open body and no driver’s seat — was simple, but handy. It readily hauled this load of bagged seed or grain. Share the History Love... [...]
- Woodsman on the Mooselookmeguntic Lake, 1943 — Share the History Love... A woodsman wearing spiked shoes opens up an empty boom at the upper end of Mooselookmeguntic Lake (Maine) so it can be filled with more logs from the Kennebago River, 1943. Share the History Love... [...]
- After the Christmas shopping rush, 1948 — Share the History Love... Macy’s department store employee cleaning up piles of debris after the Christmas shopping rush on November 30, 1948. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bureau of Standards determining the liveliness of baseballs, 1938 — Share the History Love... Using a newly designed apparatus, the U.S. Bureau of Standards workers are experimenting to determine the relative home-run qualities of American, National and International baseballs on February 21, 1938. In conducting the tests, a scientist pulls the trigger of an air gun loaded with a wooden projectile representing the slugger’s bat. [...]