Adam West as Batman (right) and Burt Ward as Robin in the 1960s Batman TV series.
Adam West & Burt Ward in costume, 1966
- Totem-wearing parade participants, 1912 — Share the History Love... People wearing totem pole costumes during Seattle’s Potlatch Parade on July 18, 1912. The Potlatch Parade was part of the Golden Potlatch (or Potlatch Days) festivities. These festivities occurred from 1911-1914 and 1935-1941. The annual festival was created after the successful Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition in 1909. Seattle officials believed an annual festival would [...]
- Odd Contest: Miss Tobacco — Share the History Love... How can Florida have a Miss Cigar beauty contest without a Miss Tobacco beauty contest?! It’s only the correct thing to do, right? There were a few tobacco festivals in Florida, some held beauty contests along with the festivities. Here are a few pictures of the past depicting those contests. Share [...]
- Violet Romer in flapper dress, 1915 — Share the History Love... Actress, dancer, and flapper Violet Romer in a flapper dress, ca. 1915. Share the History Love... [...]
- Welles at “The War of the Worlds” press conference, 193... — Share the History Love... Orson Welles meeting with reporters in an effort to explain that no one connected with The War of the Worlds radio broadcast had any idea the show would cause panic. The press conference took place on October 31, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916 — Share the History Love... An unidentified group of 6 women & 2 men during ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916. Share the History Love... [...]