Adam West as Batman (right) and Burt Ward as Robin in the 1960s Batman TV series.
Adam West & Burt Ward in costume, 1966
- Roller Derby Skaters in the Penalty Box, 1950 — Share the History Love... Chicago Westerners Roller Derby skaters Ann Pernice, 19, and Eleanor Weber, 24, watch from the penalty box at the Coliseum at a Roller Derby in 1950. During the month of November, two teams of ten men and women each, skated against each other, sometimes traveling at speeds up to 30 miles [...]
- Women dressed up for Valentine’s Day, 1940s — Share the History Love... Clubwomen Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Kassob dressed up for Valentine’s Day in Los Angeles. They are wearing aprons with hearts on them and carrying trays. Share the History Love... [...]
- Soldiers and showgirls celebrating New Year’s, 1941 — Share the History Love... Champagne and pretty girls, carnival hats and confetti – the setting that a soldier or a sailor likes for his merry-making. the showgirls went all-out to make the boys feel at home. New York, December 1941. Share the History Love... [...]
- Christmas pageant at Zion Lutheran Church, 1946 — Share the History Love... Christmas Pageant at Zion Lutheran Church in Madison, Wisconsin on December 24, 1946. The angels are (left to right): Arlene Jenkins, Mary Sachtjen, Elsa Splett, Shirley Schumann, Joanne Groff, Joan Scheiwe, Dorothy Schultz, and Mitzi Schultz. Mary was portrayed by Alberta Smith. At the manger are Rochelle Dommershausen, Shirle Ann Becker, [...]
- Singing Christmas carols in a parade, 1950 — Share the History Love... Christmas carols are sung in a big Christmas parade at Carrollton, Missouri by these youthful singers. A big crowd was on hand to see the parade of bands, costumed characters and floats on December 23, 1950. Share the History Love... [...]