Ruth St. Denis in Yosemite Valley, 1919-1920. Ruth St. Denis, along with her contemporary Isadora Duncan, is credited with founding the American dance movement, especially American modern dance. She was the first American dancer to appear in a full-length dance performance. Additionally, St. Denis was a pioneer in American sacred dance when she actively explored dance forms from diverse world religious and spiritual expression.
Ruth St. Denis in Yosemite Valley, 1919-1920
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Woman near ground rupture of San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 — Share the History Love... A woman stands near the 1906 ground rupture northwest of Olema in Marin County. The rupture was the result of the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake. Share the History Love... [...]
- LBJ on a horse during a campaign event, 1964 — Share the History Love... President Lyndon B. Johnson rides a horse during a 1964 presidential campaign event. Share the History Love... [...]
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reading comics while waiting for a parade, 1946 — Share the History Love... Young women, wearing paper hats, sit on the curb reading comics while waiting for 1946 Aquatennial parade to start in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1946. Share the History Love... [...]