New York Public Library is working with the High Bridge school for storytelling, July 1912. A librarian is shown reading a story to children outside.
NYPL Storytelling, 1912
- Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials, 1954 — Share the History Love... Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials in December 1954. The men in the front row (left to right) are Anaheim Mayor Charles Pearson, Orange County Supervisor Willis Warner, Walt Disney, Supervisor Willard Smith, and Orange County Planning Commission Chairman Dr. W. L. Bigham. The photo was taken at Disney [...]
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reading comics while waiting for a parade, 1946 — Share the History Love... Young women, wearing paper hats, sit on the curb reading comics while waiting for 1946 Aquatennial parade to start in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1946. Share the History Love... [...]
- Child Workers at Avondale Mills, 1910 — Share the History Love... Child mill workers at Avondale Mills, Birmingham, 1910. They worked as “doffers” – a worker who removes bobbins, pirns, or spindles holding spun fiber from the a spinning frame and replaces them with empty ones. It required speed and dexterity rather than strength. Share the History Love... [...]
- President William McKinley’s death mask, 1901 — Share the History Love... William McKinley’s death mask. McKinley (January 29, 1843 – September 14, 1901) was the 25th President of the United States. He was elected twice, in 1896 and 1900, but was assassinated in 1901 at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York. He was succeeded by his Vice President, Theodore Roosevelt. Share [...]