Music classes at Plaza Music Center in Brooklyn on April 28, 1938. The classes were part of the Federal Art Project W.P.A.
Music classes in Brooklyn, 1938
- WPA’s mattress making project, 1939 — Share the History Love... WPA workers in New Orleans manufactured 17,682 mattresses and quilts to be distributed to the needy during 1939. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for [...]
- “From the depths” by William Balfour Ker — Share the History Love... This 1906 print by William Balfour Ker shows a lavish social event in a large ballroom attended by the well-to-do; the party is disrupted when a fist erupts through the floor, beneath which are the struggling masses of the less fortunate who provide the foundation support on which the wealthy rest. [...]
- Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm, 1984 — Share the History Love... Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm in April 1984. Share the History Love... [...]
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- A woman dancing the Highland fling, 1904-1910 — Share the History Love... A woman dancing the Highland fling in Scottish costume while a man plays the bagpipe in Denver, Colorado between 1904 and 1910. Share the History Love... [...]