FDR sailing from Marion, MA to Campobello, ME aboard the Amberjack II in June 1933.
FDR Sailing aboard the Amberjack II, 1933
- Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table, 1977 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table on her last day as First Lady on January 19, 1977. David Hume Kennedy, the photographer, described how this photo came to be in a New York Times article: I was accompanying Mrs. Ford as she strolled around the West Wing of the [...]
- Mail boat at North Manitou Island, 1903 — Share the History Love... Mail boat arrives at North Manitou Island in 1903. The island is located in Lake Michigan, approximately 12 miles west-northwest of Leland, Michigan. It is nearly eight miles long and over four miles wide, with 20 miles of shoreline. Share the History Love... [...]
- Volunteers in a canoe after the Flood of 1955 — Share the History Love... This photograph shows two volunteers in a canoe going house to house in Farmington, Connecticut looking for people who might be trapped by the waters. The Flood of 1955 in Connecticut is one of the worst floods in Connecticut’s history. Two back-to-back hurricanes saturated the land and several river valleys in [...]
- Six-year-old Lyndon B. Johnson, 1915 — Share the History Love... Photograph of Lyndon B. Johnson when he was around six years old, ca. 1915. Share the History Love... [...]
- A group of penny-farthing enthusiasts in Piedmont — Share the History Love... A group of bicyclists (with penny-farthings) in front of Isaac L. Requa’s residence on Highland Avenue and Hazel Lane in Piedmont, California. Share the History Love... [...]