President John F. Kennedy meets with Thomas J. Kiernan, the Ambassador of Ireland. Kiernan presents President Kennedy with an arrangement of shamrocks in the Oval Office, March 17, 1961.
JFK and the Ambassador of Ireland, 1961
- Grover Cleveland with his family in Princeton, NJ, 1907 — Share the History Love... President Grover Cleveland and family (wife Frances and children Esther, Marion, Richard, and Francis) at Westland in Princeton, NJ in 1907. Share the History Love... [...]
- The Kennedy Family at Hyannis Port, 1931 — Share the History Love... The Kennedy Family at Hyannis Port on September 4, 1931. L-R: Robert Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, Eunice Kennedy, Jean Kennedy (on lap of) Joseph P. Kennedy Sr., Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy (who was pregnant with Edward “Ted” Kennedy at time of this photo), Patricia Kennedy, Kathleen Kennedy, Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. (behind) [...]
- President Bush (Sr.) playing horseshoes, 1989 — Share the History Love... President George H.W. Bush and his son Marvin playing horseshoes on the South Lawn shortly after its installation in April 1989. While serving as vice president, George H. W. Bush enjoyed playing horseshoes in his spare time. After becoming president, he had a horseshoe pit installed on the White House South [...]
- President William McKinley’s death mask, 1901 — Share the History Love... William McKinley’s death mask. McKinley (January 29, 1843 – September 14, 1901) was the 25th President of the United States. He was elected twice, in 1896 and 1900, but was assassinated in 1901 at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York. He was succeeded by his Vice President, Theodore Roosevelt. Share [...]
- Dedication of the Sherman Memorial, 1903 — Share the History Love... Crowds gather near the White House (E and 15th Street) for the dedication of the William Tecumseh Sherman Memorial in 1903. In the background, the Washington Monument is visible. Share the History Love... [...]