Japanese men and women walking among the Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal Basin in Washington, D.C., March 1930.
Japanese men & women among the Cherry Blossoms, 1930
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Roller skating, ca. 1905 — Share the History Love... Portrait of a man in roller skates around 1905. Share the History Love... [...]
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]
- Stacks of lumber drying in Seattle, 1919 — Share the History Love... Stacks of lumber drying at the Seattle Cedar Lumber Manufacturing Company’s mill in Ballard, ca. 1919. A workman can be seen standing partway up one of the tall stacks of drying lumber. The Seattle Cedar mill, located just west of the Ballard Bridge, was the largest in Ballard. At the mill, logs [...]
- Dedication of the Sherman Memorial, 1903 — Share the History Love... Crowds gather near the White House (E and 15th Street) for the dedication of the William Tecumseh Sherman Memorial in 1903. In the background, the Washington Monument is visible. Share the History Love... [...]