The year 1943 started out with a bang as the first war bond of the year was sold to actress Rita Hayworth at one minute after midnight. She was in the studio of the Columbia Broadcasting System representing Columbia Studios. The “titian-haired” star purchased a $10,000 bond from John R. Richards (shown on the left). The interaction was broadcast nationwide. Photograph dated January 1, 1943.
Rita Hayworth Buys First 1943 War Bond
- Nixon speaks to troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam, 1969 — Share the History Love... President Richard Nixon speaks to American troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam on July 30, 1969. Share the History Love... [...]
- Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials, 1954 — Share the History Love... Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials in December 1954. The men in the front row (left to right) are Anaheim Mayor Charles Pearson, Orange County Supervisor Willis Warner, Walt Disney, Supervisor Willard Smith, and Orange County Planning Commission Chairman Dr. W. L. Bigham. The photo was taken at Disney [...]
- Liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, 1945 — Share the History Love... These two staring, emaciated men are liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, a Gestapo concentration camp near Nordhausen, Germany on April 12, 1945. The camp, according to G-2, 104th Infantry Division, U.S. First Army, had from 3,000 to 4,000 inmates, including French, Polish, Belgian, a few Russian, and several German political prisoners. Several [...]
- Celebrities at FDR’s Birthday Celebration, 1944 — Share the History Love... Eleanor Roosevelt at FDR’s birthday celebration with Red Skelton, William Douglas, Lucille Ball, and John Garfield on January 30, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]
- Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm, 1984 — Share the History Love... Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm in April 1984. Share the History Love... [...]