Guide cutting steps on ice slope near summit of Mount Rainier in Washington, 1908.
Guide on Icy Mount Rainier, 1908
- First shipment of gold from Nome to Seattle, 1899 — Share the History Love... The first shipment of gold sent from Nome to Seattle in 1899. Share the History Love... [...]
- Stacks of lumber drying in Seattle, 1919 — Share the History Love... Stacks of lumber drying at the Seattle Cedar Lumber Manufacturing Company’s mill in Ballard, ca. 1919. A workman can be seen standing partway up one of the tall stacks of drying lumber. The Seattle Cedar mill, located just west of the Ballard Bridge, was the largest in Ballard. At the mill, logs [...]
- Teddy Roosevelt at Mariposa Grove, 1903 — Share the History Love... Teddy Roosevelt and party at Mariposa Grove in May 1903. Share the History Love... [...]
- Man cooling off in bird bath on hot day — Share the History Love... Man cooling off in bird bath on hot day. Share the History Love... [...]
- Totem-wearing parade participants, 1912 — Share the History Love... People wearing totem pole costumes during Seattle’s Potlatch Parade on July 18, 1912. The Potlatch Parade was part of the Golden Potlatch (or Potlatch Days) festivities. These festivities occurred from 1911-1914 and 1935-1941. The annual festival was created after the successful Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition in 1909. Seattle officials believed an annual festival would [...]