Guide cutting steps on ice slope near summit of Mount Rainier in Washington, 1908.
Guide on Icy Mount Rainier, 1908
- Alaskan Army dog teams, WWII — Share the History Love... In this snow-covered post, somewhere in Alaska, dog teams perform tasks in country impassible to other forms of locomotion. They are kept by the Quartermaster Corps of the Army, for hauling food to snow-bound infantry units and locating and aiding fliers forced down in the wilderness. Three of the dog teams [...]
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- Eskimo woman in fur parka, ca. 1899 — Share the History Love... Eskimo woman in fur parka with fur trim, ca. 1899. Share the History Love... [...]
- First shipment of gold from Nome to Seattle, 1899 — Share the History Love... The first shipment of gold sent from Nome to Seattle in 1899. Share the History Love... [...]
- Stacks of lumber drying in Seattle, 1919 — Share the History Love... Stacks of lumber drying at the Seattle Cedar Lumber Manufacturing Company’s mill in Ballard, ca. 1919. A workman can be seen standing partway up one of the tall stacks of drying lumber. The Seattle Cedar mill, located just west of the Ballard Bridge, was the largest in Ballard. At the mill, logs [...]