Joni French, 7, holds a sign that says, “On Thanksgiving the turkeys are afraid. But if I were a turkey I would walk behind a man so he would not chop my head off.” Behind Joni, Kevin Brown, 7, stands along with a chalkboard illustrating a turkey walking behind a man on November 15, 1961.
“Thanksgiving Story” told by a 7-year-old, 1961
- Bush (Jr.) serving Thanksgiving dinner in Baghdad, 2003 — Share the History Love... George W. Bush helps to serve Thanksgiving dinner at the Bob Hope Dining Facility at Baghdad International Airport, Iraq, November 27, 2003. Share the History Love... [...]
- Thanksgiving dinner at the jail — Share the History Love... Men having Thanksgiving dinner at the jail in Lewistown, Montana. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- SATC troops seated for Thanksgiving Dinner, 1918 — Share the History Love... Students’ Army Training Corps (SATC) troops seated for Thanksgiving Dinner in the Mechanic Arts building (at Utah State) which housed the canteen and served as barracks during demobilization, 1918. Note the flu masks around the necks of some of the men. Share the History Love... [...]
- Salvation Army Thanksgiving baskets, 1911 — Share the History Love... Several rows of benches are lined with baskets of food for Thanksgiving from the Salt Lake City’s Salvation Army, 1911. Share the History Love... [...]