Men and women of the armed forces stationed in and around Los Angeles joined with the home folks on November 25, 1943, in the annual assault on the bird of the day–the turkey. Here, men and women representing all branches of the service hold back just long enough for a picture. Then, look out, turkey!
Ready for the Turkey!, 1943
- Infantry Division March Down the Champs Elysees, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldiers of an American infantry division march down the Champs Elysees during the “Victory” parade on August 29, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]
- Magicians gathered for a midnight seance, 1946 — Share the History Love... Thirteen magicians gather around a chair on which are a portrait of Houdini, two candles, a book, and handcuffs, for a midnight seance on Halloween, 1946, in Detroit, Michigan. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bobbing for apples at Fort Sheridan, 1970 — Share the History Love... Mike Graham comes up with an apple in the apple bobbing booth during Halloween festivities in Fort Sheridan, 1970. Share the History Love... [...]
- Nixon speaks to troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam, 1969 — Share the History Love... President Richard Nixon speaks to American troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam on July 30, 1969. Share the History Love... [...]
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]