Photograph shows women in a Civil War camp.
Women in Civil War Camps
- Soldiers stationed in Mississippi enjoying a local dance, 1941 — Share the History Love... Soldiers at Camp Shelby military base in Mississippi dance with local girls in July 1941. Share the History Love... [...]
- Rehabilitating injuries in a hospital gymnasium, 1944 — Share the History Love... U.S Soldiers run painful race back to health. Getting over these foot-high hurdles is no easy task for Pvt. Ralph Johnson of Pittsburgh, PA who needs the strong arm of Sgt. D. D. Gilbert of Philadelphia to finish out his first race with health. Hospitalized somewhere overseas, these wounded American soldiers [...]
- 165th Infantry Regiment passes through the Victory Arch, 1919 — Share the History Love... Colonel Donovan and staff of 165th Infantry, passing under the Victory Arch in Madison Square, New York City in 1919. The Flatiron Building can be seen in the background. Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller Derby Skaters in the Penalty Box, 1950 — Share the History Love... Chicago Westerners Roller Derby skaters Ann Pernice, 19, and Eleanor Weber, 24, watch from the penalty box at the Coliseum at a Roller Derby in 1950. During the month of November, two teams of ten men and women each, skated against each other, sometimes traveling at speeds up to 30 miles [...]
- Women dressed up for Valentine’s Day, 1940s — Share the History Love... Clubwomen Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Kassob dressed up for Valentine’s Day in Los Angeles. They are wearing aprons with hearts on them and carrying trays. Share the History Love... [...]